Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I Know This Much is True

Just last night I finished a book that my husband's cousin recommended; I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb. Centered around Dominick Birdsey, the sane brother of schizophrenic identical twin, Thomas, you bear witness to his story of self discovery, forgiveness and atonement. While dark, morbidly depressing and gut wrenching at times it is also incredibly inspirational. The complex bond the brothers share is only one of the relationships you dive headfirst into during the 900 page novel but is, by far, my favorite. By the end of it I was really amazed at how unapologetic the author was telling the story: This is life. Family, pain, love, anger, betrayal and redemption. No big fairy tales here. I think that is why the book really got to me. Def one I would suggest to anyone!

You can find more about this novel on www.goodreads.com


No comments:

Post a Comment