Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Strawberry Upside Down Cake

As promised...Here is the next amazing recipe that I have made recently! This cake was taken to my 7 year old's end-of-the-year picnic for her baseball team and my husband brought home an empty platter! Light, refreshing and super easy to make! The perfect summer cake!



Here is what you will need:






2 cups crushed fresh strawberries
1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O mix
3 cups miniature marshmallows1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared as directed on package

****For the crushed strawberries, I bought 3lbs of strawberries, cut them into sections and used a fork to crush them on a plate with raised edges (this will make sense in a second). Then I poured the crushed berries and the juice (the most important part since that is what mixes with the gelatin to make that amazing topping!) into a measuring cup. I used most of the 3 lbs and my kids and hubby ate the rest standing right there!****


  1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Spread crushed strawberries on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Evenly sprinkle strawberries with the dry gelatin powder, and top with mini marshmallows.
  3. Prepare the cake mix as directed on the package, and pour on top of the marshmallows. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the pan to loosen the sides, and turn the cake out onto a serving tray. Store cake in the refrigerator.
 I serve mine with whipped cream on the side for those (such as myself) that love it.

Once again...you're welcome ;)

Ashley 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment